Monday, April 18, 2016

Flower Appreciation: Jasmine

I like my condominium, it was enclosed with metal fences, behind the fences are all sorts of plants discouraging anyone wishes to have a peek. The residents were given an access card to enter its premises. I like it when upon entering the metal gate, my mind instantly sheds off the hush and rush of the hubbub, feeling the tranquility within the metal enclosure, a portal into a world of sanctuary. 

Tis the time of jasmine blooms, I smelt the familiar light floral scent from jasmine flowers, reminds me of purity like the rain. I took a few photos for own personal study, you can see in the picture below, notice the green bud, flowering stage and full bloom. (Also notice metal fence behind)


The flowers come in clusters, mostly 5 petals, I saw one with 6 petals, those with less than 5 petals probably had shed off, as there was an obvious gap.

Another fine picture showing the different stages with an ant as its companion.
The fragrance from the row of jasmine plants did not travel far, I decided to pick a few petals from the ground and bring them home, if you had a pot of jasmine plants at home, you could pick the flowers and put in a bowl of water for the scent in room or toilets.


So sweet smelling and so delicate, like a lady in white, waiting to be wed.
So alluring in the bright moonlight, like stars gathering in great delight.
From earth you grow, and purity to you bestow, for a moment you withhold.
I cannot make you mine, for the cycle of life unforgiving, turn your tears into fallen petals.


No comments:

Post a Comment